12 Nov Award ceremony – poster exhibition opening 16/11/2019
The award ceremony of the 5th International Poster Contest, organized by the Museum of Typography, will take place on Saturday, November 16, 2019, at 6pm at the museum’s amphitheatre, at the Park of Small Industries of Chania, in Souda.
This year’s competition was titled “Typography: Window to the World” and was completed with 530 entries from 68 countries. The poster exhibition of the thirty works that have been distinguished in the competition, will be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography for about a year, until the next competition.
The program of the event includes:
– Welcome speech by Yiannis Garedakis, Founder and Chairman of the Board of the Museum of Typography
– Short speeches by the members of the jury:
• Dimitris Arvanitis, Graphic Designer, member of AG I- Alliance Graphique Internationale
• Spyros Ornerakis, cartoonist and illustrator
• Lila Kalogeri, illustrator
• Alexandros Kokkolas, Graphic designer, Professor at Vakalo Art & Design
• Gisis Papageorgiou, illustrator
– Presentation of the competition by Elia Koumi, Director of the Museum of Typography.
– Awarding of the prizes and honorary distinctions to the winners of the 5th International Poster Contest.
The event is open to the public.