18 Jul Conference on Culture and Environmental Protection 24/7/19
A conference on the theme “Culture and Environmental Protection” will take place on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 6 pm at the Museum of Typography. The event is organized in the framework of the 8th Summer School for Environmental Journalism organized by the Regional Press Institute, the Department of Journalism and Mass Media of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the Journalism and Communication Applications Laboratory from the Department of Communication and Media at the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Institute of Technology and Research, at the RPI facilities (Hagia Sophia Foundation) in Agioi Pantes Apokoronou, Crete.
The program of the event includes a welcome from Yannis Garedakis, Chairman of the Museum of Typography, Chairman of the Regional Press Institute and founder of the newspaper “Haniotika nea” and a tour of the museum by Elia Koumi, Director of the Museum of Typography, followed by the speeches:
- 19.00-19.20: Art, Culture and Environment in the Mediterranean. Rapporteur: Serhan Ada, Associate Professor, Istanbul Bilgi University – Head, UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy.
- 19.20-19.40: Environmental Protection. Rapporteur: Dr. Petros Lyberakis, President of the Samaria National Park / Researcher, Natural History Museum of Crete
- 19.40-20.00: Integrated Urban Solid Waste Management in Chania District District by DEDISA SA Rapporteur: Yannis Koutrakis, Vice President, DEDISA
- 20.00-20.20: Tourism and Climate Change. The case of Crete. Rapporteur: Giannis Vourdoubas, Chemical Engineer, M.Sc., PhD, MAIC Scientific Coordinator
- 20.20-21.00: Discussion
* Coordinator: Fani Galatsopoulou, EDIP, Department of Journalism and Mass Media, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.