15 Sep Extension of the 6th poster contest by the Museum of Typography
Free theme – Pandemic – Vaccination
Due to the particularly high number of entries in the 6th International Poster Contest of the Museum of Typography, its duration is extended until Sunday, September 19, 2021.
It is reminded that the contest has a free theme, giving designers the opportunity to express their interests and concerns through their poster, and highlighting the role of the poster as an imprint of every human activity. The pandemic and more recently the vaccination are the topics that have dominated our every day life for the past year and a half, while other creative proposals are also welcome.
The poster should be accompanied by a short explanatory text that will explain its content and purpose. The invitation mainly concerns professionals and students of graphic and visual arts.
The jury of the contest consists of:
• Yiannis Garedakis, journalist – publisher, founder of the newspaper “Haniotika nea” and chairman of the Board of the Museum of Typography
• Yiannis Belibasakis, Assistant Professor, Engraving Laboratory, Department of Fine and Applied Arts, School of Fine Arts, AUTh
• Dimitris Papazoglou, visual communication designer
• Ariadne Perraki, CEO Perrakis Papers
The 30 posters selected by the jury will receive honors and the first three will receive significant cash prizes.
• 1,500 euros the first winner
• 1,000 euros the second winner
• 700 euros the third winner
These posters will be presented in an exhibition that will be hosted in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography for a year, until the next competition.
The awarding of prizes and distinctions will take place on Saturday, October 30, 2021, at the opening of the exhibition, in the amphitheater of the Museum of Typography, at the BIOPA of Chania, Souda, Crete.
In the event that Covid 19 prevention conditions do not allow the event to take place on that date, it will be postponed until health conditions allow it.
Terms of participation
1) Those interested should send their work from Monday 26th July to Sunday 19 September 2021 to the email: email@example.com. The poster should be accompanied by the entry form and a short description of the project (up to 100 words). The name of both files should be the name of the contestants.
The details of the participation form are:
Telephone number (with country code)
Short Description (in English): [max 100 words]
2) The dimensions should be 50 × 70 cm PDF, CMYK, image at 200 ppi and should not exceed 25 MB. Otherwise the shipment should be done by wetransfer. It is necessary to attach a poster file in jpg format in low resolution up to 1 MB for web use.
3) Each participant can submit only one, original project, which has not participated in another competition. The employees of “Haniotika Nea” SA and the “Museum of Typography by Yiannis & Eleni Garedaki” are excluded from the competition.
4) The poster must bear the museum logo. You can find the logo at www.typography-museum.gr/logos.pdf
5) The results of the competition will be announced at the award ceremony that will be hosted in the amphitheater of the “Museum of Typography”. After the ceremony, the results will be announced in the newspaper “Haniotika Nea”, at www.haniotika-nea.gr, on the site of the “Museum of Typography” www.typography-museum.gr and on the official page of the “Museum of Typography” on facebook www. facebook.com/MouseioTypographias.
1. By participating in the competition, the authors declare that the data used to create their work are original and do not include the copyrights of third parties.
2. The creators of the three works that will be awarded declare that they do not retain any property rights in the works they will deliver.
3. The Museum of Typography of Giannis and Eleni Garedaki will be free to re-use freely, for any purpose and in any way, original or adapted, all or part of the material sent by the 30 creators who received awards or honors.
4. Participation in the competition automatically implies acceptance of the terms of this notice.